Fresh. Quick. Simple. Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa is a Mexican classic salsa, and an important addition to your Mexican/Latin recipes repertoire... It's perfect on tacos (of course) and with tortilla chips, but don't overlook it as a fresh accompaniment for grilled fish, chicken, and more!
👩🏻🍳 Tamara Talks (About Salsa)
Salsa is something of a "mood" thing for me... I sometimes want a complex, savory salsa like Roasted Tomatillo and Hatch Green Chile Salsa (salsa verde), and other times, a the sweet heat of Easy Mango Salsa fits the bill. When fresh salsa is calling my name, though, nothing beats a bowl of Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa.
Aside from the fresh flavor it brings to a dish, pico de gallo is a super easy salsa recipe! Start to finish - with your fresh ingredients - you're all in for about 15-20 minutes. With excellent knife skills, you may get it done even more quickly! 😁
First things first: Gather your ingredients. Your salsa will stay fresh for a few hours and is okay the next day, but it's best eaten FRESH!
- tomatoes (I like tiny tomatoes but use your favorites!)
- scallions or red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2-3 juicy limes
- sea salt
🔪 Step by Step Instructions
This salsa is so quick and easy! Chop all the veggies, then squeeze the lime juice over top, and season with sea salt and pepper. Be sure to taste for seasoning!
Note: You are probably familiar with jalapeños and their heat level. While somewhat low on the scoville scale, you'll still want a well-balanced salsa. We like to taste some heat, and they really do vary. When you slice them lengthwise, give them a sniff... or better yet, taste a nibble. Add accordingly!
🍅 What can I serve with my Pico de Gallo?
- with your favorite chips... we like to spray with cooking spray, lightly salt, and bake, but the choice is yours!
- with Easy Ground Lamb Tacos!
- try a scoop on an omelette for a healthy breakfast!
- on grilled chicken or a pork chop
💭 Tips and FAQ
How long can I keep this? Pico de gallo is best served the same day or the next. After that, it really isn't that great IMHO! It does not freeze well!
🌡️ Useful Stuff
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. This helps to offset the costs of maintaining my blog and creating awesome content! 😊
I hope you'll give this super easy, fresh-tasting salsa a try soon... #TacoTuesday!
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (I like Cherub)
- 1 to 2 jalapeños (to taste), minced
- 2 to 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves only, chopped
- 2 to 3 juicy limes, squeezed
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine prepared veggies in a bowl, squeeze lime juice over top, stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 13